Enlarged Prostate in Sioux City, IA
Since 1975, the board-certified urologist at Siouxland Urology, have provided the latest in care for BPH to patients in Sioux City. By specializing in technology like UroLift, our urologist are able to provide you with the best care for your enlarged prostate symptoms. They will take the time to provide you with a comprehensive diagnosis so that you can recieve the best treatment available. For more information, contact our office at (605) 217-7000 and schedule an appointment today!
What is BPH?
Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, or BPH, is a condition in which the prostate enlarges as men get older. BPH is a very common condition that affects over 42 million men in the US1 and over 660 million aging men worldwide.2.3 Over 40% of men in their 50s and over 70% of men in their 60s have BPH.2 While BPH is a benign condition and unrelated to prostate cancer, it can greatly affect a man’s quality of life.
As the prostate enlarges, it presses on and blocks the urethra, causing bothersome urinary symptoms. If left untreated, BPH can lead to permanent bladder damage.4
- Frequent need to urinate both day and night
- Weak or slow urinary stream
- A sense that you cannot completely empty your bladder
- Difficulty or delay in starting urination
- Urgent feeling of needing to urinate
- A urinary stream that stops and starts
Symptoms of BPH can cause loss of productivity, depression, and decreased quality of life.7
If you suffer from the above symptoms, you are not alone. BPH is the leading reason men visit a urologist.8
You can measure the severity of your BPH symptoms by taking the International Prostate Symptom Score (IPSS) questionnaire. Sharing this information with your physician will help them understand the severity of your symptoms.
Even watchful waiting has its risks. Bladder outlet obstruction could result in irreversible bladder damage if left untreated4
- NeoTract US Market Model estimates for 2020, data on file.
- Berry, et al., Journal of Urology 1984
- US Census Bureau international database worldwide population estimates for 2020
- Tubaro, Drugs Aging 2003
- Rosenberg, Int J Clin Pract 2007
- Vuichoud, Can J Urol 2015
- Speakman, BJUI International 2014
- IMS Health NDTI Urology Specialty Profile Report 2013
© 2021 NeoTract, Inc. All Rights Reserved. MAC01951-01 Rev B
Schedule an Appointment for BPH Treatment
If you are currently suffering from BPH in North Sioux City, the board-certified urologist at Siouxland Urology are here to help! They will take the time to provide you with a comprehensive diangose to discover if UroLift is right for you. To discover rapid relief from your BPH symptoms, contact our office at (605) 217-7000 and schedule an appointment today!